15 Questions to Ask a Barn Builder
- Wednesday, 01 July 2020 06:50
If you’ve recently made the decision that you want to build a pole building in Ohio on your property, the next step is to find professional custom horse barn builders in Ohio to do the construction process. There are many barn builders out there, so it’s critical that you ask the right questions to each barn company you look at to ensure you will receive the best custom pole barns in Ohio. Here are 15 questions to ask a barn builder:
- How long have you been in business?
- What do your price estimates include? Does it include permits, labor, concrete, zoning fees, etc?
- Do you have examples of agricultural buildings in Ohio that you’ve built that I can see in person?
- What are your warranties, and who are they through? Who would I contact if I have a warranty issue later on?
- Am I responsible for a permit and zoning issues, or is that something you take care of?
- What is the typical building process that your builders take when constructing post frame buildings in Ohio?
- What kind of training does your construction crew go through so I know I will have a professional crew working on my property?
- Is a building permit or engineered sealed blueprints required?
- Do you offer financing?
- How can I finish the inside of my farm buildings in Ohio? Is that something I can help with or do you only have standard building designs?
- Where are your materials from and what are they made of?
- What do I need to do to prepare for construction?
- Are you insured and bonded, and can I see a current copy of your certificate?
- What is the wind and snow load capacity for your agricultural buildings in Ohio?
- Are your barns energy efficient, and if so, how?
Now that you know what kinds of questions you need to ask, contact us at MQS Structures today for a free price estimate! You can fill out our online form here or give us a call at (855) 677-3334.