Process of Building a Pole Barn
- Monday, 04 May 2020 05:43
Post frame construction is one of the most popular construction processes out there. There are many benefits of it that make it so preferred for anyone looking to build agricultural buildings in Ohio. If you’re looking into adding a pole barn to your property, here’s an example of the process of building a pole barn our custom post frame builders in Ohio take every time they build:
- On the first day of construction, the materials are dumped at the site, and the building crew arrives.
- The first step in the construction process is to drill the post holes. The posts that go into the holes essentially act as the building’s foundation.
- After the post holes are drilled, the base skirt board and side girts are installed.
- Next comes the roof, which includes installing the truss supports, the trusses, and the roof purlins. We have distinguished ourselves by incorporating 4’ O/C trusses at 4/12 pitch, 2-play truss supports, and 2’ O/C 2×4 roof purlins. Additionally, all of our custom pole barns in Ohio are engineered to meet 90 mph wind load and local snow loads.
- After the roof is in place, the doors and windows are then installed, except for the garage doors, which comes later. Our standard windows are a 3’x3’ single-hung window; however, other sizes are available.
- Following the windows and doors comes the installation of the roof steel over foil insulation.
- Once the roof insulation is completed, the siding is then installed. Our standard siding on our post frame buildings in Ohio is 29 ga. steel metal.
- After the siding is up, the crew then installs the corner trim, and any concrete the customer wants is poured at this time.
- Next come the garage doors. All overhead doors on our farm buildings in Ohio require a minimum of 1’ between the top of the door to the bottom of the truss. Standard residential overhead doors are 9’ wide and 7’ to 8’ high. We offer a variety of different styles of garage doors.
To learn more about our standard building process on our farm buildings in Ohio, or to receive a free price estimate, give us a call at (855) 677-3334. MQS Structures is a family-owned and operated company specializing in custom pole barns in Ohio.